Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Headwind

Headwind is a killer.

Chicago is known as the windy city. Many people claim that this is because of the politics and not the weather. Riding a bike has shown otherwise though. Today I got to push directly against a nice 15 Mph headwind on the way home. This can make my otherwise half hour ride into a full hour ride.

In addition, I get the benefit of knee problems when I'm done pushing. My knees have been bothering me on and off for a while now. Today's issue is one that occurs when I push myself. My kneecaps sting a little bit when my knees are slightly bent. I can't find this anywhere online. So far it's a minor annoyance and haven't seen a doctor. I'm sure if I did see a doctor I would be told to lose weight, which I'm working on.

My weight. When I first started riding I was pushing 350. I'm proud to say I'm 323 as of this morning. What I'm not happy about is that I've been hovering around there for a few weeks. Conferences haven't helped. Them with their free snacks. Free food is something I have to work on saying no to.

No comments:

Post a Comment